Tuesday, October 20, 2009

New Stuff



Started a new project last week that I am super excited about. A dining table for the Stanley family who live in that dreamiest of towns... Chapel Hill, NC. So the Stanley's are my kind of family. 3 super cool kids, the hippest, play-set building mom ever, and lets just say... a dad that is building quite a collection of jeans. The Stanley's have been renovating a house for the last year or so and their knack for design is crazy good. We have been kicking ideas around for a year or so about beds and such when Chrissy (cool mom) shifted gears towards a dining table for the family. She wanted something clean, and modern, but durable, and a tad rustic. We looked at some examples of things she liked and came up with this design. Its going to be white oak, quarter and rift sawn,,, which for some reason I am obsessed with right now (never thought I would be crazy about white oak but I am.) Some changes have been made since this drawing was done, but when finished, I think we will have something that will not only last for decades, but adapt with any changing styles. The table is also gonna have two accompanying benches for full on family style dinners and Chrissy is gonna find some badass mid century chairs for the ends. Can't wait to see the finished table.

3 comments:

  1. did you use google sketch up to do this rendering?

    -DRrew

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. It is actually very versatile. You can do tons with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made a representation of Paceline for a structures class I had in 10th grade. after measuring everything in the shop and using the program i had about 20 hrs invested. it's on a flash drive somewhere. the teacher gave me a 99 with the statement "this cannot be perfect".

    ReplyDelete