Friday, September 18, 2009

Don't Front...

And never half-step either... by all means.
My continuous foray into the art of fronting and half-stepping is evident in the photo for the header of this blog. This photo was the amalgamation of 2 parts laziness and 5 parts procrastination. While building a set of 8 dining chairs a few years ago, I spent an entire day (entire day I said) putting off actual work to set up a photograph of my progress. Tried my best to make it look like the cover of an ad for Williamsburg. Even covered the table saw with rough sawn lumber and shavings for effect. Busted out the 3 megapixel camera and went crazy. IPhoto edit and effects.... done. Scandalous. 

Sadly I lost all the photos of the completed chairs so this is all I have now. They were good too.
Photography be damned... I'll stick to other things
Here are some that didn't meet my high standards.




3 comments:

  1. i love your laziness!! it is very artsy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time well spent, I love your banner! I have found since joining etsy that taking pictures is where you end up spending the most time, I am not gifted in that dept!

    ReplyDelete