Wednesday, September 30, 2009

If God Isn't a Tarheel...

Finally getting a little chill in the air here in the NC foothills. Could be my favorite time of the year. Milo has started rocking It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown at night, and the leaves are just on the verge of making things feel like magic.
I haven't done anything with cherry in a while so when I started milling some today, it got me feeling a little crazy. Julie Andrews,,, Hills are alive,,, crazy. A good crazy! It smells SO unbelievably good when you cut it. Sweet and drippy. Like a cheese danish, or baklava. Maybe it was the coffee, or the blue skies, or the cancer causing dust particles entering my lungs, whatevs... I got giddy.
Glued, scraped, and sanded some tome tops. Gonna start the finishing process tomorrow. Priming, painting, and finishing for the next few days. Dreading it, but somehow nice weather makes it seem like fun.

In my state of autumnal euphoria, I began to think about my favorite things in the shop. Some are sentimental, all are essential. Maybe I secretly want to be John Cusack in High Fidelity...

Top Five favorite things in the shop:
1: Tie for first- Picture of my baby boy at the bench/ My now big boy hanging out with me.

2: Card Scrapers: Hands down my favorite tool. (low angle block plane a close second)
3: The worlds craziest music machine donated by Mr. Famous Bike Racer himself and best friend to yours truly, Mark Hekman.
4: Super, ridiculously, dangerously, scary sharp chisels.

5: Last but not least, my sweet sweet Izz-Bot.

Hope everyone in the Old North State enjoys the week of freaky nice weather!
You know it!


No comments:

Post a Comment